Thursday, 10 January 2008

The Four Spokes and The Stone Floor


Heyz

God, going down to our free was actually a nightmare today; it was hilare, Lucy, Suzanne and I all had umbrellas, it was totally like that program where they tried out the three different items of the same genre to see how good each one was;Lucy's umbrella is from H&M, at £4.99, it is the most expensive out of the three.Josh's umbrella is from Superdrug, at £2.99 will it survive the gale force winds of Aylestone Hill?Suzanne's umbrella came free with a magazine, how will this giveaway compare to the ones that cost actual money?In third place was my umbrella as it blew inside out countless times and broke four spokes of the metal interior (which were rusting anyway) and hence one side flopped limply without support, lol, it looked tres stupid, I had to bin it and run into H&M to buy a new one. In second place was Lucy's H&M umbrella, although keeping the torrential rain and gusts from her (just about) it also blew inside out frightfully and broke a spoke. At number one, uber-surprisingly is Suzanne's free umbrella which, although was more often inside out than outside out, did not break at all and might "have just been the way she was holding it", ha, they should totally come with instructions on how to use them. I love how umbrellas are only used to light drizzle and slight wind; if the rain is coming down sideways and the wind is hurricane-esque they just wither, soak through and break.After visits to Powerplay and T.K. Maxx Lucy needed to get some clothes to print on from Primark for textiles. God the rain was actually ridiculous, i'm surprised we weren't completely drenched. We entered Primark and started walking up the aisle at which point my foot shot from under me, and I sooooo nearly fell on my behind it was unbelieve, it was so quick I hadn't time to react, ha. Then I noticed the "wet floor" sign, conveniently placed. Why don't they have carpet in there or something? The floor is like stone, I could have totally like cracked my head open in Primark!! Lol, my shoes seriously don't have grip on them though, they are actually bad: mud, wet surfaces, metal and general floor are all fatal to walk on with them.
Okay enough blogging for tonight, I have a new Joni CD to listen to!


Love

No comments: