Tuesday, 22 January 2008

Insomnia and The Lesser Plague


OH MY GOD! That phone seriously wants me dead (we've recently had a second phone connected in the front room and I near pass out whenever it goes off).Anyway, oh god, i fell rough. Admittedly not as rough as previous days but still, rough. I've got this flu from somewhere (Noone knows where) and when it wants to, it literally just makes you cough continually until your eyes and general head throbs. I hate the fact that there are at least fifteen thousand posters around college screaming in red letters "IF YOU HAVE THE VOMITING BUG MAKE SURE YOU GIVE IT FORTY-EIGHT HOURS BEFORE YOU COME BACK INTO COLLEGE!" etc. etc. And like a day after they put them up I started to feel, what can only be described as, dog rough. So I was like "Oh sweet mother of God, this is typical, i catch everything that ever goes around." but no, it wasn't the Big Disease it was the flu (I should really be greatful).So I was abb-sont, as the French say, on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday last week, annoyed that I missed quite a bit of work and socializing, and also missing out on my (reduced sum since last year) £20 EMA. And there's no point in like writing a letter or whatever saying you are ill because it takes them about a hundred and sixty five million centuries for them to like realise it was an authorized absense and that I am worthy of payment. And that is not at all vexing, as it's not like I have to pay for a one hundred and twenty pound A7 piece of card for the bus with that money. But the really hilare thing was: today I recieved a letter in the post with a grid of the week with blue biro ticks under AM and PM for Tuesday, Thursday and Friday stating these 'Unauthorized Absences' were why I wasn't getting my EMA for this week. I love how it like tells you why you aren't getting the EMA as if you wouldn't know.ANYWAY!So yes, this illness is pretty lame-OH.On Sunday night I went to bed at eleven, read 'til about one then attempted sleep. I slept for about an hour as the rest of the time I was coughing. Continually. And it's not like it gets light in the morning so I couldn't tell if my alarm was going to go off any second or I still had three hours to wait. It was seriously bad. But when it finally went off I was surprisingly alive! I was quite active actually (well, as active as you can be at six thirty in the morning).Then at college I thought I was going to be alright! I thought 'It's better to be moving around instead of just lain at home with nan bringing supplies of caffeine and cold and flu tablets whenever it's safe not to overdose'.But I was rough. UBER rough. Plus, I got given the most boring item to draw and inspire me in the entire class and universe - I got a rectangle sheet of metal... Oh also, I'll take this oppurtunity to apologize to like everyone I was just ILL at. Sorrrrreeeee! I was lit just non-stop complaining and just telling random passer-bys how shit the thing I had to draw was - it was bad.Anyway, going home seemed like a good prospect, but on the bus, oh my beegees, it was bad; as soon as I sat down (listening to Cher!!) I was off. Coughing. Plus, to make it worse there were at least nine hundred and seventy six people on the bus and so I had to have my huge (HAND REPAIRED par moi!) military jacket on me, while someone sat next to me, and the heaters were on full blast and I was just a state. [OH MY GOD I thought i'd deleted it all then, PHEW] And you know when you're like polite coughing as so people don't think you're trying to hack up a hairball like *three coughs* *silence* *three coughs* *silence* *three coughs* *silence* then when I got off the bus I was like "COUUUUUUUUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". It was bad.Anyway, i'd better go.I dunno if i'll be in tomorrow, I thought i'd be alright on Monday but I seriously wasn't, so I probs wont. I haven't had an illness for this long for forever, cough, see you all soon.

LUBS

No comments: