Saturday, 26 January 2008

Old Friends and Silver Studs


Well, today indeed was a very VERY good one, god I enjoyed myself, the first Saturday in at least sixteen hundred years that I've done so.Mother was at work today, which is unusual! And so I walked upt 'own by myself, it was sunny, and I was merry! I got forty out of the bank - for my phone bill and other such, but ended up spending it all on pretty things.Wandering past Sirius I thought, pivetted, went back and went in and got my left ear lobe pieced with a nice plain silver stud (as the others were like dia-mont-ays which just screech 'David Beckham!!'). Then I waltzed up the street, buying little niceties, visited mother in le magasin, walked back down, about to browse in Oxfam when a girl opened the door to come out and it was Jess Adshead! A very dear friend of mine from god, um, must be about eight years since I last saw her. We stopped and talked for a while, she is still, such a wonderful person, she is totally my muse, she has hardly changed at all, slightly more grown up and prettier, but she commented on my having changed a lot and she wouldn't have recognized me if it wasn't for the pictures of me on Bebo! It just rounded my day off fantastically. Was way on a high after.Then I went into Burtons (that shows how good a mood I was in) and tried on a thirty-six waist jean and they fit! Perfectly fine! (I usually take a thirty-eight) God, by this time I was like the OOBER happy. But I wanted skinny jeans! And naturally, Burtons only do the basic menswear, which is like, jeans, bootcut jeans, a hoodie, a hoodie with a logo and a t-shirt, so I didn't find any in there :( And so I went to the other side of the shop, aka Dorothy Perkins and got some from there. I fit into a size sixteen jean! Haaaa! God, they are WAY skinny. I love them. I am totally taking Lucy's advice and wearing them with my cowboy booties over the top. Ha, the mens' changing room (not plural) aka, an actual cupboard was closed for some reason so I had to use the ladies changing room and I could hear what this girl was saying to her mother, it was hilare. The girl was like "This is

really nice!" mother: "What size is it?" "A twelve." "Then it won't fit! I'm trying on eights and tens and you're trying on a twelve and you're smaller than me!" "But I want it!" "No you don't!" "YES i do!" "Do you have money?!" "Yes!!" "FINE! Get it!" "...I need to borrow a fiver." "...How much is it?" "...a fiver."God mens' changing rooms are so hystare, the one in Pritchards I literally didn't know was there, as it just looks like a door that leads to like the staff room or something, but it actually lead into a like metre square room with a picture on the wall, and I swear to god, I was trying on something in there and I leaned on the wall and the wall moved! It was like made of painted chipboard or something and so I was like trying not to touch it again incase I like fell through onto the shop floor or something. But seriously, the worst changing room EVER was in Mervyn James, this like, bespoke tailors in Ross, which is like really nice, and then I went to try something on, you pull back this heavy velvet curtain and you're in this barely painted room under the stairs with like a stepladder and paintcans. It was way funny. Oh my god, practically the entire post is about changing rooms...So yeah, and now i'm looking forward to going to re-visit San Marie's tonight for Jess Lambert's birthday party! I shall blog post tomorrow about how it went.I seriously need to start thinking about my costume, I think I shall pirate it up as I have the earring now, and I'm sure i'll be able to conjure up some piratical theme from my wardrobe.


Okay!

Better go!

Lubs lubs lubs

No comments: