Thursday, 11 December 2008

Wine at the Jailhouse


Well, it had been a while since I had had a drink and so I decided to treat myself to a night out. Go to the 'Big Free Christmas College Party' at the Jailhouse.
Never been to the Jailhouse before.
I was quite shocked how old I felt. It was like they were all about five years my junior instead of in the year below me.
I was also quite shocked that they didn't sell wine at the jailhouse ? I frankly don't really get that? Is it like, too uncool to serve the youngsters? Not really understanding. But never ask for it. You get laughed at by the bar staff. They also seem kind of bemused when you specify what kind of gin you want in your gin and tonic.
Such a shame Bombay Sapphire isn't actually blue.
Such a shame Bombay Sapphire doesn't actually taste nice.
But that's what I drank for the evening. Apart from when I went to the Barrels. Where they sell wine but they don't sell Bombay Sapphire . . . The barmaid reeled off a list of different gins but seemed pleased when I told her to get "whatever".
My god, what was with that weird bird/alarm noise around the Manhattans area? Driving me crazy. Oh and Manhattans was dead. Like one and a half people playing pool and that was it. I said hi to the barman with the ponytail who we always see when we go in there and he just sort of looked at me blankly.
They seriously need to get a lock on the door of the cubicle in the toilets there.
On the way to the Barrels I saw the wine bar across the road. I was totally tempted to go in but it looked pretty empty.
I had a strange time last night actually. I wasn't bored at all and I wasn't completely drunk. And I spoke more than two words to only two people that night. I don't know if it was worth going out or not? It was strange.
I adore the one bus driver; he's just hilarious. Trying to overtake a four-by-four with a trailer on the road by Pengethley when I was the only one on the bus was funny. Oh and previous to that Cherry's friend came over and we were talking, I've forgotten her name completely because my memory is so extraordinarily excellent and I was surprised she knew mine. She was so drunk and very nice. I had no idea where she got off because it was so dark outside. She made my night anyway.

Today was a strange day, not quite as strangely depressing as yesterday, but still strange. And very long. It went on for several weeks. My prints were hung up on the staircase and they look good until you get close to them. Nobody got within ten feet of them anyway - they weren't exactly in the prime position for viewing I must say.
I didn't finish the story for Johnathon for the train journey to Manchester, sorry about that John!

Why is that strange Peta game about sabotaging Burberry being advertised at the side of my page? Why just Burberry?
I'm smiling to myself about Plaitford screaming at Jade down the corridor at college and Sonny being all like "uh, can we have less noise please?" after about like ten minutes of her screaming abuse. Some funny shit right there.

Well, I think my blanket has warmed up by now and I'm going to go and enjoy it's company so I shall bid you bonne nuit.

love

No comments: