Thursday, 22 January 2009

Four Trains, Two Buses, a Mini-Bus, a Taxi and a Car

Well, today's the day we went to Bath Spa.
I awoke at 5:45AM (not a typo) surprisingly refreshed (not a typo).

It was still dark when we left the house at 6:45AM, mother having offered to take me to the station last night.
I can't say I was in the most talkative mood, making the basic agreeing noises that probably came across as silence seeing as I can't tell the difference with my ephed up left ear.
Got to le station, met Lusaaayy inside and she informed me of the price of the tickets at which hyperventilations were in order - £39.96 or some ridiculous price, instead of the £20.00 price we expected.
Oh well. Turned out I had a pair of crisp twenties tucked away in my man-purse.

Anyway, it was ephing freezing at Hereford and in Newport when we eventually got there. I nearly slipped on my face about twenty times as the platforms at Newport were soaking wet from some kind of extra-slippery rain. Plus I was wearing a pair of my special non-grip shoes.
We got loads of strange looks from people! More than in Hereford even. Who knows what they were looking at - Lu's fuschia tights or my mulberry colour based outfit? Maybe the clashage of the two? Maybe they had never seen colour before? They were pretty damn bland.
As Ms Karen Walker says: "What're you looking at? Never seen someone with money and soap before?"

Anyway, arriving at Bath Spa, after two train journeys reading the 'How To Get a Husband Guide For Despo Women' in 'MORE!' and the tales of Amy Winehouse throwing glasses of water at people that looked at her sideways in 'LOOK!' we got lost for the first time.
After pointing out the newly revamped hotel lobby on whose floor I was sick on, the trip quickly spiralled to a remake of the Birmingham open day trip we took a few weeks ago.
It was gloomy in Bath first of all - everyone looked bloody miserable, we decided to go into a shop and Lu asked the girl behind the counter how the H we got to Bath Spa university.
She told us to go down the road to the bus station and look for a bright orange bus and take that to the uni.
So we wander down to the bus depot and we see a few of these fluorescent orange buses parked by the river. They're the weird ones with a bend in the middle so they can be twice as long and bend around corners. So we waited in the freezing cold for a driver to turn up.
He was another delightfully happy person.
Anyway, the bus went on like a complete circuit of Bath stopping every two milliseconds at different bus stops to pick up more students. It being around the time college usually starts.
Eventually we leave the continuous ever so pretty terraced houses and go out onto a road, eventually coming to a private drive on an estate. Narrowly missing a sparkling Bentley coming in the opposite direction we eventually came upon the sixties campus and then to the beautiful Georgian manor house that was the centre of Bath Spa university.
So we leave the bus, and not really knowing where to go we head to the main door of the manor house. Nice automatic doors, hideous giant chandelier and reception.
"We've come for the open day." Lucy said, at which the receptionist's smile dropped.
"You've got the wrong university," she informed us "the Bath Spa Art & Design university is on the other side of Bath - at Xion." There wasn't a curse large enough. Nearly £2.00 that one way ticket had cost!
And what was with " Xion " fgs . .
Anyway. We go outside. The bus is gone. We go back in to ask for a taxi number.
Then three people came though the door, a family I presume - a mother, her daughter and her son.
The mother and daughter dressed in purple, the son with a rather full head of curly blondish hair.
They'd made exactly the same mistake as us.
So, to round it off, we all ended up sharing a taxi going directly to " Xion ". The daughter kept Lu in a state of conversation throughout the whole journey and the son added a few unanswerable quips from the back seat.
Eventually we got there and the fee was £20.00, five of which I paid for Lucy and me. So we got in, the people were very nice, very friendly, we went to a lecture about it - I swear the lecture theatre was like nine-thousand feet above sea level - it seemed so high.
It seemed very interesting and nice. The people on the demonstation video looked totally overjoyed at the fact that they were being filmed . .
I think there was like one, maybe two other boys in the whole theatre ?
So we left the theatre (I nearly barged a man to the floor with my bag) and hopped onto a mini-bus that took us to 'The Circus' where we met the pure fashion people and they told us everything and the head tutor lady told us everything and it was very hot in there and we were dying but it was good and it was pretty wonderful - it was like this little homely family on this quiet huge roundabout of Georgian houses. Very beautiful. I was really impressed.
So after like an hour we left and walked into town.
I bought some clothings from the Bath Oxfam (ohh yeaah) and we went to Jaeger followed by Reiss, both in which Lu was asked whether she needed help/would like to try anything on, to which she took great offence! Haaa!
I quite loved it there - was very wonderful.
And then eventually, after the rounds of some cool sho-OH MY GOD that small sort of gothy shop we went into and the guy was sort of Russell Brand but with more piercings (and was eyeing up Lucy) and as we were leaving guess what song he put on.
Su guess what song he put on?? I bet you can't!! Don't Stop Believing a la Journey! It was intense.
So yeah, we H&Med then did some other shops then re-found the station and homed it.
I really had a great day out - it was way amazing.
*sigh* It was good.

Okay ta!

No comments: