Wednesday, 13 February 2008

Metal Mouth and Seventeen Centuries


Oh for god sake - I just wrote this blog but then darling grandmother turned off the internet so it didn't post. . . I wish she'd warn me! URGH


So here we go again!Had to go to the dentist today, it's usually a pretty much in and out thing, nothing tends to happen; biggest thing that ever happened about my teeth was my having to have an x-ray :OSo I went in, as usual, lay down on the stair-lift speed recliner, expecting to get up about ten seconds later after he checked my teeth and was like "They're wonderful teeth!" and sent me on my way. But no. He checked them and informed me that I needed four fillings. One in a tooth in each corner of my mouth. Surprised I was.Although seeing as last January I started my diet and that February was my last dentist appointment I suppose it makes sense... seeing as drastic changes in eating habits has effect on your teeth *living proof*. So yeah, was about to leave the building when the receptionist asked me if I would like to have one of my fillings done right then as there was a vacant space. I agreed. God, it seemed like I was lain on that recliner for at least seventeen centuries (yes, the title of the blog comes after the writing of it) and they were doing all stuff to my mouth! I wasn't exactly concentrating on what was happening, I just knew that the visor Neil (the dentist) was wearing looked a lot like the £300 Maison Martin Margiela L'Incognito sunglasses I totally want. Oh and that ridiculous map on the ceiling that's like brown it's so old - you can tell how old it is as Russia is still U.S.S.R. and Germany is still seperated into East and West, and seeing as the Berlin Wall collapsed in the year that I was born...So yeah, I eventually got to leave, with another appointment for another checkup and probably another filling in six months. Nan will eventually have to spend like £130 there for the checkup, an x-ray and a tooth out :S I bet Neil is rubbing his hands together, ha.Omg and how ming is the like miniature waterslide thing you have to spit into while the assistant holds it? It's way vile. Oh god and when he's putting the numbing gel on and it's not going numb you kinda go into a panic thinking "...it's not numb, is it going to go numb?!" But he gives you ten minutes to go and read Period Living and wait for it to go senseless. And after he's done loads of stuff in your mouth he's like "can you feel it with your tongue?!" and i was like "...omg......." it felt like there was a piece of wood in my mouth haaa. And he's trying to talk to you over the sound of like buzzing and pressure washers or whatever like "Clamp your teeth down. CLAMP YOUR TEETH DOWN!" And he like tells jokes and stuff while he's got most of his toolbox in your mouth and so you just end up doing this stupid gargling laugh while hoping he just stops talking, ha. He's really nice though.*copies and pastes onto word as so not killed by nan again*Going for a 'walk' just now, down to the river. I'd better change shoes and trousers... and probably outfit as it's just the Death Slide of Mud by the river. How random is the fog lately? I've been waking up at like eleven in the morning (well, once) and all I can see out of my window is like white and all I hear is the distant tolling of a buoy struggling on the waves by the cove... (lie) But seriously, has anyone ever seen the film The Fog with Jamie Lee Curtis and is it Jessica Tandy? *looks up* Oh no! Janet Leigh from the fog. Well I never knew Janet Leigh was Jamie Lee Curtis's mother! Well you learn something new every day. But yeah, The Fog is [Film spoilers ahead!] when the fog surrounds the houses and the freeko pirates come and knock on the door three times and then stab whoever's inside as they are looking for their gold wot is bricked up in the church - the fog in the morning is like that! Murdering, vengeful pirates and all!But yeah, by the time I have all these fillings done i'm gonna be like Jaws from James Bond (what is with the film references?)Oh my god! Has anyone seen the duet of Tina Turner and Beyonce at the Grammies? It's on youtube - look at it! After an eight minute duet Beyonce is like dog tired and Tina is just getting started and it's hilare seeing as Beyonce is like twenty-eight(?) and Tina is like sixty-nine! haa watch it!My mouth is still numb!!


Anyhoo, gotta go get changed or something


loadsa

No comments: